Herrick Cross Country!!
by Coach Gross
- I began coaching cross country at Herrick in 2009 when long time coach, Mr. Bruce Takacs, retired. I have also coached Track at Herrick and football and basketball at other schools before I began working at Herrick. One of the Herrick track teams I coached won the conference title!
My background - I wasn't much of a runner growing up. I mostly played football and basketball. Several years ago I decided to try to get back in shape and train to run a 5K. This experience lead me to want to coach cross country. One of the things I enjoy most about coaching cross country is helping non-runners (like I used to be) to become runners. I've been blessed to coach some great athletes and a lot of hard workers. The picture to the left is me running in The Bonfield Express a few years ago. I'm the guy in the HMS sweatshirt with the crazy horns on his head.
I have several Cross Country related items below including;
• My favorite Cross Country and running related photos
• Herrick Boys CC Home Records & Best Finishes
• Information about former Herrick CC runners
• Links to the Herrick website for the current CC Information (schedule and directions to the meets), required forms (Sports Physical and Herrick Athlete Permission to Participate)
Boys Cross Country Records
Herrick Boys Cross